Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question that does not appear here, please use the CONTACT US link above.
Your first digital issue will arrive immediately via email, your first print will arrive the following issue. Subscribers print issues should arrive within the 1st week of each month. Individual print orders – USA 7-10 days, International up to 6 weeks. If you haven’t received your issue 3 days after your deadline, contact us . You must let us know within 30 days of expected deliver to be eligible for a refund or replacement.
Subscriptions purchased through our website – You will receive your first issue digital PDF immediately and then 11 more digital PDF’s on the first of each month to the email you used to subscribe.
For your security, auto-pay subscriptions are processed through PayPal. We cannot view or update your credit card
or bank information, but it’s easy for you to do.
To manage payment information: Login to www.paypal.com then click PROFILE>MY MONEY>UPDATE to add,
update, or remove a source of funds.
To manage subscription information: Go to TOOLS>REOCCURRING PAYMENTS>MY PREAPPROVED
PAYMENTS. On this page you will see a list of vendors. Select COLORED PENCIL Magazine. From there you can
view your terms, change your funding source, update your contact information, and even cancel your subscription.
You can unsubscribe anytime to your print or digital Auto-Pay Subscription by visiting our Subscriptions page and clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE link.
YES! You can download our iTunes app for iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPods.
YES! You can download our GooglePlay app for android based tablets and phones
Although we cannot transfer issues to our App, (only issues purchased through the iTunes & GooglePlay store will be displayed there) you may still be able to view your previously purchased issues by downloading your PDF to your iPad, or by downloading the MagCloud app for issues purchased through www.magcloud.com.
If you are unable to view previously purchased issues, or trouble viewing with a current subscription, please try these steps.
1. Click on the Subscribe>Restore Purchases
2. Update the app through your App Store
3. Restart the app
4. Power down your digital device and restart
Still having trouble? You may not have enough memory to view all the issues or your iOS may need to be upgraded
For further assistance, email our app developers at firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend you use Safari when making purchases on our site. If you are having trouble with another browser to make your purchase, once you are on the page with link to download, select “Open in Safari” (usually seen when clicking the 3 dots at the top). Wait for your issue to download fully and a message should pop up with options to “Open In” we recommend iBooks to store all your PDF’s in one library.
Yes! Just use your home printer and adobe reader to print out your favorite article or the whole issue from your digital PDF!
We recommend that you screen capture (click the home and power button at the same time) articles or pages you wish to print, then use an AirPrint printer (or download your printer app if available) to print.
To see if digital is right for you, download our free 2016 digital promotional issue by signing up for our newsletter here.
All you need is a pdf reader, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, available free here: http://get.adobe.com/reader
There are a few ways to download and access your digital versions in PDF format on your iOS devices.
The first can be done directly from your iOS device.
FROM YOUR PC: Move your PDFs from your computer desktop directly to your iOS device via iTunes and a USB cable, save your content in a Cloud folder, or download the DropBox app to share files between all your devices.
FROM YOUR iPAD/iPHONE: If you are downloading direct be sure you have a PDF reader such as the free iBooks app from iTunes. Wait for your PDF to open and then choose to open in iBooks or Other.
Troubleshooting tip: If your space is full or limited, you may not be able to download. You can also try to restart your device, then try clicking on the download link.
Don’t forget you can purchase from our free iTunes app and it will be stored in the Newsstand – http://app.coloredpencilmag.com
- Sign in to www.magcloud.com via Safari on your iOS device.
- Browse and purchase, or select existing publications for download (via Account -> Digital Library)
- Tap Download PDF for the digital version you want. This will start the download process. When complete the digital version will appear in Safari.
- Tap anywhere on the screen to bring up additional Open In options at the top of the page.
- Tap Open In… for all iOS applications available to read/store the PDF. Select your favorite (e.g. iBooks, Bookman, Goodreader, etc.)
- Your MagCloud digital version should then open in the program you selected.
Via iTunes / iBooks Sync
1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and make sure iTunes launches.
2. Drag and drop the PDF from your computer into your iTunes Book library (the book icon in the upper left navigation bar in iTunes).
3. Select your iOS device on the left (iTunes 10.1 or later).
4. Click the Books tab in the resulting window.
5. Ensure that the Sync Books checkbox is enabled.
6. If iTunes is set to only sync selected books, be sure to enable the checkbox next to the PDF you want to sync.
7. Click sync.
Via iTunes File Sharing
1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and make sure iTunes launches.
2. Select your iOS device on the left (iTunes 10.1 or later).
3. Click on the Apps tab to the right.
4. Scroll down until you reach the File Sharing section and click on any app that reads PDF documents that are listed under Apps (i.e. Bookman, Goodreader or Office Plus).
5. Click Add or drag and drop the PDF to the File Sharing window.
6. Click Sync.
FROM YOUR PC: Move your PDFs from your computer desktop directly to your Android device via provided cable or download the DropBox app to share files between all your devices.
NOOK: Click on the link to download, wait for the notification that download is complete. Your file will be located in the Library under “My Files”.
FROM MAGCLOUD: On devices running Android 2.3 and higher you can read publications in your browser using the MagCloud web viewer. Just click the Read Now button on any publication page or in your Digital Library, just as you would on a laptop or computer.
You can also view MagCloud digital versions in PDF format on any Android device using the following instructions:
- Sign in to www.magcloud.com via the browser on your Android device.
- Browse and purchase, or select existing publications for download (via Account -> Digital Library).
- Tap Download PDF for the digital version you want. A download icon appears in the status bar. The download arrow is animated until the download is finished.
- Open the status bar and tap the downloaded file item.
- Select which application you would like to open the file in.
- Read and enjoy in your PDF reader app of choice.
Our PDF’s have been tested across multiple browsers to be able to load as quickly as possible, but since there are high resolution images, (and depending on the speed of both your internet and computer), it may take additional time to load – usually a few seconds but not more than a few minutes.
If you see a white screen, you may just need to wait.
If the PDF still does not load, please visit this link for additional trouble-shooting.
Starting in 2016 CPM has updated what we consider colored pencil to be as; any medium that has an encased pigmented core, for entry into our contests and competition. This will now include acceptance of pastel pencils and other pigmented pencils. This does not include manufactured bars, sticks, or crayons.